Archbishop's Palace wedding of Carriane and Gregory

Carianne and Greg were married at the lovely Archbishops Palace Maidstone here in Kent. Greg arrived in plenty of time as did the family and guests and after the usual chat everybody went inside to get seated and await the arrival of the bride. Carianne arrived nice and early which is lovely for us wedding photographers as it gives up chance to take some photos of the bridal party and the bride and bridesmaids and the bride with the person giving her away. After a few shots Carianne was whisked away for the usual interview with the registrars. As  this is supposed to be a private matter I went and positioned myself in the wedding ceremony room in the Archbishops Palace Maidstone and took some candids of Greg and his best men and other family and friends. The second registrar, he one who's just interviewed the bride, enters and that's the cue that things are about to happen. The music starts and Carianne enters the room and I'm busy photographing her coming down the aisle and as she gets closer to the front I slink away and the celebrant takes my place.
On a separate note the KentRegistry Service is brilliant. I've shot weddings all over the country and the service in Kent is by far the best I've come across. The Kent people all wear the same smart uniform; in other counties they seem to turn up in all sorts and I've seen registrars wearing some very dubious attire not terribly suited for a wedding. Also from a photographers point of view the services are consistent and you just know where you are during them. I've been to many outside Kent where they don't flow at all right and the couple are looking in the wrong direction etc.
Back to the wedding; a lovely occasion and afterwards, after the group shots, I went and photographed them both in the lovely little Herb Garden adjacent to the Archbishops Palace Maidstone .
Lovely couple and a lovely wedding.























Comments

Popular Posts